We encourage students to create healthy eating routines which include physical activity - making healthy choices should becomes engrained in everyday life. It is paramount that such a commitment involves our whole school community, from the canteen manager to parents and staff and our local fruit and veg retailers.
We promote Healthy Lifestyles through:
- Fruit and Veg breaks twice DAILY at 10am and 12.30pm
- Eliminate foods high in fat and sugar from the canteen and replace them with healthy alternatives such as dried fruit, raisin toast, pasta, salads and sushi
- Nude Food is a big initiative from an environmental and sustainability perspective, which in turn helps encourage students to bring fruit and veg
- Whole school hydration policy – each child brings a drink bottle to school which can be refilled anytime throughout the day
- SunSmart - wearing a broad brimmed or legionnaire style hat is compulsory in Terms 1 & 4 (No Hat No Play policy) and all students are encouraged to have their own sunscreen available in the school bag