LITERACY – WRITING CREATIVELY
Because creative writing is fun, it is an excellent way to foster a love of writing. It also helps develop your child’s imagination, which has been proven to be important in critical thinking and problem solving.
You can use a book you have recently read together as a source of inspiration, or create something new.
Some ideas for writing creatively include:
• Create a short story in cartoon form.
• Cut out pictures of people from magazines and create speech bubbles and dialogue.
• Create your own superhero and have them go on a short adventure.
• Use artworks found on the web, such as paintings and photographs, as inspiration for a story.
• Write a story or create a cartoon together by taking turns at writing sentences or cartoon cells.
Each week in the IPS Newsletter or on the IPS Website look for “Tips to help your child succeed at school.”