Dear school community,
Thank you to the parents who have assisted the school in so many different ways from school council, classroom support, committee membership, canteen duty, student banking, working bee participation, lost property, help with sporting teams and attendance at excursions.
Farewell to all the families who complete their association with Ivanhoe Primary School next week. I extend a sincere thank you to each family for their involvement and contribution to our school over the years.
Thank you to the teachers, support staff and office staff who contributed to our student's education and development.
The home – school partnership is valued highly by all of us at Ivanhoe Primary School. I borrow from our School Council Presidents final report to list just a few of our achievements in 2016 as follows:
- Created a new Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values and Objectives
- School management was audited by the Department of Education and Training. The outcome suggesting only minor changes to our practice.
- Performed a whole school self-evaluation and peer review based on the strategic plan 2013 – 2016. Information was gathered from a whole school survey, interview and assessment. A positive reflection and creation of new goals and objectives to build on for the future.
- Were paid a visit by the Victorian State Deputy Premier and Minister for Education, plus delegates which led to the announcement of our two million dollar capital works project. We employed an architectural group and the project planning has commenced.
- Through the process of accreditation increased OSHC student enrolment potential from 85 students to 120 students. The program continuing to flourish.
- Built on the revolution and vision, with a boost from locally raised funds to employ a consultant and purchase new digital equipment. Our first innovation day was held demonstrating children’s digital learning.
- Introduced canteen on-line, whilst the canteen continued to provide not only lunches for our students and staff, it supported school special events days and for the first time ventured outside the school ground to the athletics day carnival.
- Created a new amphitheatre play space and installed sun smart shade sails whilst maintaining our grounds and facilities.
- Over saw the removal of our old modular toilet building and installation of the new modular class rooms for 2017.
- Held and supported successful PFA events such as the school picnic, gala ball, trivia night, film night, orientation night, mothers’ day stall and fathers’ day breakfast, whilst maintaining the lunchtime club.
- Musically we had many successful events - highlights include celebrating 20 years of our strings program and winning the Boroondara Eisteddfod
- Acknowledge our student sporting success, many great performances and the highlight the Boys Soccer team who became State Champions.
- If you put your mind to it there would be another dozen items to add to the list. :)
Best wishes to Music teacher, Nikki Totta who leaving us this year.
Best wishes to Physical Education teacher, Meaghan O’Connor who is leaving us this year.
Best wishes to support teacher Kateryn Graham who is leaving us this year.
Best wishes to support teacher Shireen Gunasekera who is leaving us this year.
Best wishes to Foundation teacher, Alison Stott commencing family leave.
Welcome to Marie Morrow, Music teacher, is returning from leave at the start of term 1.
Welcome to Penelope Blanas, Physical Education, is returning from leave at the start of term 1.
Welcome to Anne Every as a grade 5 teacher.
Welcome to Stacey Cook as a grade 4 teacher.
Welcome to Zoe Minnis as a grade 1 teacher.
This year as your Principal it has been a most rewarding experience watching you reach the end of your primary school years. In 2017 you will commence the next educational chapter of your lives, one which will be challenging, possibly more difficult at times, but very rewarding. Learn to know yourself and your capabilities. Nothing is impossible if you direct your thoughts and actions in the right direction.
Thank you for what you have done for your school. Always remember you were a pupil at Ivanhoe Primary School. It is your school. Be proud of your time here. I wish you every success in your future education.
Have a fabulous day.